Normacol Granules 500g
What are Normacol Granules?
Normacol granules contain 62% w/w sterculia, which is a vegetable gum from the karaya tree. It is this natural dietary fibre which helps to relieve constipation and help keep you regular.
It is also used by people:
- with colostomies or ileostomies,
- who need a high fibre diet, for example in diverticular disease of the colon,
- who have had rectal or anal surgery,
- who have swallowed something sharp to reduce the chance of damage to the intestine (gut)
How to use:
Always take Normacol exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- The usual dose for adults and the elderly is 1 to 2 sachets, or 1 to 2 heaped 5ml spoonfuls, taken once or twice a day after meals. Do not take NORMACOL if you are lying down or just before you go to bed.
- The usual dose for children aged 6 to 12 years old is half the adult dose (half to 1 sachet or half to 1 heaped 5ml spoonful).
If Normacol does not work after you have taken it for 4 days, do not take anymore, and see your doctor or pharmacist.
- To take Normacol, put the dry granules on your tongue from the sachet, spoon or your hand, or just take a few at a time if that is easier.
- Alternatively you can sprinkle Normacol on to soft food such as yoghurt.
- Swallow the granules with plenty of water or a cool drink, so that the oesophagus (gullet) does not become blocked. Never chew or crush the granules.
If you take more Normacol than you should and do not have bowel movements, see your doctor
If you forget to take Normacol, just take the next normal dose at the usual time. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Sterculia, sodium bicarbonate, sucrose, talc, titanium dioxide, paraffin wax and vanillin.