Milton Sterilising Unit
What is Milton Sterilising Unit?
Milton Sterilising Unit uses more than 60 years of expertise to help you effectively sterilise baby bottles and teats with no need for boiling.
How to use:
- Clean utensils thoroughly. After each feed rinse out bottles and teats with cold water. Wash in soap and water using a bottle brush. Rinse well. Rub teats with salt inside and outside to remove milk deposit. Rinse well with cold water. Note: always use cold water - hot water hardens milk residue and inhibits effective sterilisation.
- Prepare Milton solution. Use the measuring well provided in the Milton sterilising unit to measure out Milton or use 2 capfuls of Milton to 4 L of cold water. One capful of Milton = 25 ml. Note: do not leave solution in direct sunlight.
- Fill the unit with cold tap water. Fill the unit with 4 L of cold water or to the fill line indicated inside the bucket.
- Soak feeding utensils. Put baby's bottles and teats in the Milton solution. Make sure all items are completely covered by the solution. Remove any trapped air bubbles in the bottles. Place lid on and leave for at least 30 minutes. Note: Leave utensils in solutions until next feed.
- Wash hands before filling the bottle. Wash hands thoroughly before removing items from the solution. Drain bottles and teats. Do not rinse. Fill bottle immediately and cover treat.
Use - dilution - instructions. Milton makes your drinking water safe - 2 ml Milton and 1 litre water - Strain water through and clean material to remove debris - add Milton. Let water stand for 30 minutes. SABS tested and approved.
Milton protects kitchen cloths and surfaces from bacteria - 40 ml Milton and 1 litre water - Disinfect kitchen surface with a regular wipe down with, the solution. Also soak kitchen cloths as long as required. SABS tested and approved.
Use Milton in the nursery to protect baby's things from harmful germs - 40 ml Milton and 1 litre water - Disinfect bibs, wipe down edges of cots, waterproof sheets and covers. Also soak plastic, wooden and rubber toys. SABS tested and approved. Milton helps cut flowers last twice their normal life - 5 ml Milton and 1 litre water - Pour solution into vase.
Not tested by SABS. *Use cap for ml measurement. Use - toxological - treatment. On contact with eyes - may cause irritation - immediately flush with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. On contact with skin - may cause irritation - rinse with flowing water. If inhaled - no adverse side effects are normally expected - not required. On ingestion - may cause temporary discomfort - if swallowed give large amounts of water, get medical attention.