Smith & Nephew Bactigras100x100mm 3 units
What is Smith & Nephew Bactigras?
Bactigras is an antiseptic, soft paraffin dressing which soothes and protects the wound whilst helping to reduce wound infection and inflammation. It has low adherence and allows the wound to drain freely into an absorbent secondary dressing. Bactigras is suitable for covering wounds such as minor burns, lacerations, abrasions, and graft sites.
- Soft paraffin base
- Sterile open-weave gauze presentation
- Contains chlorhexidine which is an active agent against a wide range of bacteria
- Reduces risk of infection
- Wide range of sizes
- Soothing and low-adherent
- Soothes and protects the wound and allows free passage of viscous exudate
- Open-weave gauze helps maintain shape and resist fraying when dressing is cut to shape
- Effective against a wide range of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, including MRSA
- Antiseptic efficacy unaffected by serum and blood